Thursday, April 16, 2020

Captain Muddled

They say
Actions speak louder than words;
However,
What if your actions are your words?
Would it needs be
Seen to be louder,
Vibrations on the floor?
I've opened up the door 
Again -
And all I then experience
Is...

As to
What it's all about

Muddled memories
Gallore upon a drunk who's
Crashed upon the seas,
Until the ship
Was cast asunder.
Still I wonder,
Whether it was sunk

Could I survive 
If even still alive?
If I still remembered how,
And still saw the here and now -

So long ago,
As I looked into the
Present, Past, And Future -
Times of culture;
There's a reason to ignore
The way it seems to go,
When cast upon a 
Cold and distant shore

by Jeffrey Robert Adams
© 2020 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yesteryear – 1st Stanza

Shimmering sunlight Sparkles on the sea – Reflections on the sight Within, subconsciously © 2022 Jeffrey Robert Adams All Rights Reserved